Training Course Agendas
All of our training courses are provided at no charge.
These course agendas are a representation of the course material presented for the specific classes. All material is subject to change depending on the specific needs of the clients at each course.
BRE 600: Webinar – Green Methanol
This webinar delves into sustainable methanol production, focusing on key technical aspects. The first part of the webinar is dedicated to the production of CO2, the first of the two essential
components for green methanol production. CO2 is produced within a combined cycle power plant and separated from flue gas within the carbon capture unit utilizing amine solvents. The webinar's
second part focuses on green hydrogen, the second essential precursor for green methanol obtained through alkaline water electrolysis. The third segment outlines two green methanol production
approaches employing two reactors for each option. The final part of the webinar focuses on methanol purification using distillation. Access to ProMax is not needed for this webinar, which will
take approximately 2 hours. The webinar is hosted over WebEx, and information on how to connect to the session will be provided after registration. For more information
about a particular BRE 600: Webinar course please
- Introduction to Green Methanol, discussing possible sources of CO2 and available technologies for green hydrogen production.
- Overview of a combined cycle power plant.
- Rundown of the Carbon Capture Unit, explaining the key parameters and critical aspects at low-pressure applications.
- Introduction to electrolysis, explaining the bridge between electricity and chemistry, discussing the sizing of the electrolyzer, and purification of produced green hydrogen.
- Comparison of two different technologies for green methanol production. Reverse water gas shift and direct conversion followed by methanol synthesis. Discussing the pros and cons of each technology.
- Showcasing different strategies for methanol distillation while discussing the pros and cons of each technology.