Training Course Agendas
All of our training courses are provided at no charge.
These course agendas are a representation of the course material presented for the specific classes. All material is subject to change depending on the specific needs of the clients at each course.
BRE 600: Webinar – How to Properly Model Plant Turndown
This webinar will focus on properly building a gas plant model that is responsive to changing inlet gas rates. Features such as heat exchanger ratings, compressor performance curves, and mass and heat transfer column models will be incorporated to showcase the best way to ensure ProMax models will properly respond to changing conditions, and that model will then be used to show the impact throughput has on the performance of a gas plant. Access to ProMax is not needed for this webinar, which will take approximately 2 hours. The webinar is hosted over WebEx, and information on how to connect to the session will be provided after registration. For more information about a particular BRE 600: Webinar course please
- Initial discussion on gas plant models in ProMax, and common ways they can be specified
- Example of how to use the heat exchanger rating feature to specify heat transfer
- Example of how to input compressor and expander performance curves to determine the unit’s efficiency
- Example of how to utilize the mass and heat transfer model in ProMax distillation columns
- Utilization of the Scenario Tool to show the importance of having a model that properly responds to inlet gas rates
- A discussion and example of how to maintain consistent performance while changing inlet gas rates